05. We link business and IT architecture
Why we map links to IT
We do so to give you a clear idea of which systems you need for value streams to function.
Our activities at this stage
- In addition to a description of the customer journey and processes, we include the characteristics of the application services, which support both the customer journey and processes.
- Assigning application services to suitable IT components, factoring in the standard focus of these components, thus saving resources and avoiding unnecessary duplication in the portfolio.
- For each component, determining whether it will serve a specific value stream only or be shared.
- Helping record customer requirements for these services and identifying their impact on back-end systems.
- Defining roles in the team, and therefore ensuring the smooth operation of IT components.
- A description of the necessary value stream functions on a basic level
- A description of the needs of the front-end, back-end and data architecture of a particular stream
- Avoid long unproductive discussions. It is better to verify your assumptions in practice, e.g. using Proof of Concept.
- Always maintain one “place of truth”. Prohibit work in multiple places.
- KPMG Integrovaný design
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)